New Teachers in 2017

Mr. Campagna is a new face to our school this year. He is located upstairs in room S3.

Georgia Roberts

Georgia Roberts, Staff Writer

There are two new teachers in Slippery Rock High School for the year of 2017-2018. Their names are Mr. Campagna, a new physics teacher, and Mrs. Farah, the new French teacher.

Mrs. Farah is also a new teacher to our school this year and is located downstairs in room L2.

Mr. Campagna is a new face to our school. Before he started teaching, he was a mechanical engineer. He traveled and worked at a summer campground. He wanted to be a mechanical engineer, but instead he became a teacher, although he revealed that his dream job would be being an astronaut. He started teaching physics because that’s where, as he says, “I felt right.” Mr. Campagna received his education at Johns Hopkins, Slippery Rock University, and Penn State. He has taught before for 13 years: in New Hampshire for 3 years and in Butler for 10 years. Now, he is at Slippery Rock High School. Some of his hidden talents include playing guitar, juggling, and skateboarding. When he was in high school, he played football and basketball.

Mrs. Farah is a new teacher to our school this year as well. She started teaching French because she grew up speaking French and loves it. She went to college at the American University of Baroot. She has taught before, and came from Mount Levinal School. She wanted her students to know that she teaches Arabic, too. One of her hidden talents is that she used to dance, but does not anymore. Teaching has been her dream job, and she also used to teach computer classes. Some sports she used to play in high school include volleyball and basketball.