The Annual High School Talent Show

The talent show performers gathered together for one final bow at the end of the night.

Gracie Bell, Managing Editor

On November 17th, the Slippery Rock Area High School hosted its annual talent show in the auditorium and a number of students performed. Acts included baton twirling, singing, playing piano, and even a live band performance. The talent show is held to allow students to share their abilities. This is a yearly-held event run by the stage crew. Each student that wants to be in the talent show must try out at the beginning of October and have practices weekly until the show.

Junior Hannah Confer sings “Feeling Good.”

Sophomore Devin Eakin performed a baton routine to “Round Table Rival” by Lindsey Stirling. Eakin said, “Doing the talent show was a really fun experience especially since I have had only been twirling baton a month prior to the performance. The talent show pushed me to try something new.”

Some of the other people that performed are senior Autumn Painter who sang, sophomore Abigail Self who played piano and sang, sophomore Kendra Shidemantle who sang, senior Maya Borland who twirled, and a band, including sophomore Curtis French, freshman Alex Duffalo, and sophomore Joe Alosio.

Abby Self, who sang and played “The Wolf and the Sheep” by Alec Benjamin, said, “It was without a doubt, one of the best things I’ve been a part of.”

Ashley Rodgers leaps during her dance.
Junior Ashley Rodgers leaped in her performance in this year’s talent show.

Painter, who sang “Think of Me” from The Phantom of the Opera said, “It takes a lot to get up on stage and perform in front of a big group of people. The talent at our school is just phenomenal!” Painter also mentioned that she loved being able to sing on stage every year, and since this is her last year, it brought a lot more emotion to her performance.

The students in the talent show prepared for the performance and have worked very hard, according to junior Jordan London, who is in stage crew

Junior Ashley Rodgers, who danced in the talent show, says, “It is nice watching people grow as performers throughout this month. I am glad I could be part of such a talented group of people.”