High Spirits for Homecoming

Mrs. Furka

Seniors Ashley Rodgers and Zachary Frazier, ready to dance the night away at their last homecoming.

The week of September 10, 2018 was full of events from a week of themed clothing, to the pep assembly followed by a football game against Sharon and the dance the next day. Spirit week started on Monday with the theme being 80’s day. Tuesday was Tye-Dye themed followed by Wednesday which was red white and blue themed. Thursday was twin day and Friday was spirit wear.

Friday was organized using a special period schedule for the pep assembly which consisted of The Band,Chamber singers, Fall Sports captains, Cheerleaders, Rock’n-ettes, Dodgeball and class tug of war. Teachers, Mrs.Martin, Mrs. Hazi, Mrs. Benjamin, Ms. Farah, Ms. Richeson, Mr. Fritsche and Mr. Christy all put on a surprise show to finish off the assembly.The choreographers of this dance were seniors Morgan Waag and Ashley Rodgers.

Mrs. Furka
Senior John Thompson sports a kiss on his cheek, living up his last homecoming. He states “I’m here for a good time, not a long time.”

Mrs. Benjamin said “ I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed doing this”.

The game on Friday night was a close game with a score of 27- 30 with Sharon winning in the last few minutes. That wasn’t going to stop the fun of homecoming. This year the queen was Morgan Wagg and the king being Sean Northcott, who were already paired as a couple.

Northcott says “It feels pretty good to win because I didn’t expect it. I thought Kaleb would’ve won”.

Homecoming is a dance at the high school for all students in grades 9-12. This years theme was “once upon a time.” which was chosen by student council and Mrs. Gallagher. The dance was held in the high school gym on Saturday, September 15, 2018 from 7:00- 10:00.