The Hi-Rocket

Movie Review: Black Panther

Marvel+Studios
Back to Article
Back to Article

Movie Review: Black Panther

Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios

Marvel Studios

On February 16th of 2018, Marvel Studios released their new movie Black Panther. This action-packed movie is also filled with suspense. The character known as Black Panther first made his appearance in Captain American: Civil War, and casual Marvel movie fans did not know anything about this character beforehand; this film gives fans the perfect opportunity to learn about Black Panther.

Black Panther is directed by Ryan Coogler, an American film director and screenwriter. He has also worked on Creed and Fruitvale Station.

Black Panther  is about T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), who must take the throne of the fantastical African country of Wakanda after his father died. He must get rid of his black panther power to challenge someone if they think they are worthy of the throne. The whole country of Wakanda is under attack, which means the whole world is in danger, too. When Erik Killmonger (Micheal  B. Jordan) comes back to Wakanda and battles the king, he kills the king, takes his place on the throne, and wants the whole world to know about the technology that Wakanda is hiding. Erik sends out plane by plane of vibranium, but does not make it too far because Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o), and Shuri (Letitia Wright) try to stop him. Sound intriguing? Go and see the movie to dive deeper into the plot!  

Some additional characters in this movie are: Klaw (Andy Serkis), Okoye (Danai Gurira), W’Kabi (Daniel Kaluuya), Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Everett K. Ross (Martin Freeman), Ayo (Florence Kasumba), and N’Jobu (Sterling K. Brown).

This is a great movie filled with action, leaving viewers on the edge of their seats. It follows the original comic books, and is filled with jokes that make viewers laugh. I recommend this movie to anyone who has a love for action-packed movies and also for anyone who has a good scene of humor. It is not a hard movie to fall in love with because of the characters’ backstories. I highly recommend grabbing a ticket, eating some popcorn, and catching a showing of this movie while it is still in theaters.