Third Annual Turkey Bowl

Grace Bell

Some athletes from the football team pausing for a picture

Gracie Bell, Managing Editor

On November 21, Slippery Rock Area High School hosted the third annual Turkey Bowl at the school. The Turkey Bowl is an event where teams of students and staff get together and compete in games of flag football. This event was held to let the people of Slippery Rock High School have fun before Thanksgiving break, according to the students.

Some students that participated included members of the football team, such as Seth Slater, Cole Bell, Jonah Foster, Rod Williams, Jake Shaffer, Sean Northcott, Nick Gills, Vito Pilosi, and many more.

Not only did the football boys play, but some of the players from the girls’ soccer team also competed., such as Emily Sarver, Claudia Allen, Julia Hart, Mckenna Rawson, Ellie Reiser, and Emily Raine.

Sophomore Nathan Hyatt runs with the football.

Students were not the only ones playing this year; the teachers did as well. Some of these teachers included Mr. Anderson, Mr. Miller, Mr. Kovak, Dr. Angelucci, Mrs. Mooney, Mrs. Martin, Miss Ireland, Mrs. Cole, and many more.

The student and teachers played against every team, which was set up in a tournament style. According to junior Malia Kennedy, things started to get very competitive because every team wanted to win. She stated that the event was “Crazy competitive and crazy fun!”

When asked about her team, junior Emily Sarver said, “Even though we were all soccer ladies, we were in it to win it and did not let anyone come in our way – especially those intimidating teachers we had to face.”

Students also loved being able to spend time with their friends before break. Senior Seth Slater said, “It’s always good to go out and play the sport I love with my amazing friends.”

Grace Bell
All the female teams gather to take a team photo after the game.