Aiming for the Fence: Baseball Team Heads to Playoffs

Dylan+Dingel+pitches+against+Cochranton+during+the+baseball+game+held+on+March+19th.+

Dylan Dingel pitches against Cochranton during the baseball game held on March 19th.

Gracie Bell, Managing Editor

This 2018 baseball season has been quite a successful year. The baseball team has a record of 8-6 with a few games left. The team is coached by Fred Pryor, Mark White, Rick Bell, Tim Herald, Ray Thompson and Mr. Shultz. The team is captained by seniors Cole Bell and Dylan Dingel. The baseball team has been practicing since mid-winter and have been playing since April.

According to the seniors of the baseball team, their goal this season is to win the district title like they did last season. Senior Cole Bell says, “The team has the potential to do great things. We seem to all get along while making some pretty great memories.”

One of the many highs of this season was their win against Hickory. Senior Ricky Mineo threw a little over 5.5 innings giving up no runs. Sophomore Ian Balquist finished off the game giving up no runs. The team had no errors and hit the ball.

Coach Rick Bell says, “There have been some ups and downs this season, but the boys seem to always pull through to play the game they all enjoy.”

The boys will be finishing their last three games of the season and start playoffs on May 18th, and they plan to win. Be sure to wish the boys luck!