New Teachers of 2016

Sami Edwards

With the new school year came a multitude of changes; among them, the inclusion of new faculty and staff members including Mr. Miller, Mrs. Springirth, and Mrs. Conglose.

Mr. Miller is a familiar face in this school. He was previously a student teacher at SRHS last year for the now-retired Mrs. Kirkwood. He attended Leechburg Area High School. Throughout his schooling, he found his love for history that has only grown stronger, leading him to become the teacher he is. He likes the positive atmosphere of our school and the family feeling that everyone gives off.  Mr. Miller describes, “That student teaching and substituting was a fun experience,“ leading him to want to work here permanently.

Mrs. Springirth  is a completely new face in our school this year. She attended this high school, and has always enjoyed reading books.  That led her to want to teach English here at our school. The reason she wanted to work here is because she lives here in town; it’s closer to the school and much easier to get to. The students and their friendliness is what she enjoys the most about our school.

Mrs. Conglose is yet another returning teacher to our school. She attended Shenango High School. In her elementary years she helped with special education kids and she loved it, and that is why she teaches special education now. She was interested in working here because she likes the community and loves the school.  She also enjoys the students and how friendly they are. She taught at Slippery Rock High School previously, then  taught at Moraine Elementary, and now she is back at Slippery Rock High School to finish what she came here for.